Follow Me

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Magical Meatloaf and Killer Cookies

Today's recipes came from my Philidelphia Cream Cheese Cookbook and The Hershey Cookbook. For dinner I made meatloaf. But this wasn't an ordinary meatloaf. It was smothered in magical mashed potatoes and had cheese on top. Anything with cheese on top is almost guaranteed to be good in my book. The secret ingredient in the potatoes was cream cheese. It sounds a little disgusting, but it made them absolutely fantastic. Meatloaf covered in mashed potatoes? Genius! (I didn't get a picture before we dug in. We were very excited and hungry.)
For dessert I let Crockett pick a recipe from the Hershey book of wonders. He picked a triple chocolate cookie. This was the first time I baked a cookie from scratch. They came out very yummy, but very very rich. I could only have one, and milk is a must have with these cookies. The recipe yielded 3 dozen cookies so we had some friends over to help polish off the goodness. It was a really great evening with really great food and friends.



No comments: