Follow Me

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lord Send Me

This song has become a sort of mantra for me. Actually quite a few have, but I just love the lyrics to this one. 

"Here I Am" by Downhere

Here I am, Lord send me,
All of my life, I make an offering, 
Here I am, Lord send me, 
Somehow my story, Is part of your plan, 
Here I am

When setbacks and failures, and upset plans, 
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands, 
Are you not the closest when it's hardest to stand?
I know that you will finish what you began.

These broken parts you redeem, 
Become the song, that I can sing

Overwhelmed by the thought of my weakness, 
And the fear that I'll fail you in the end, 
In this mess, I'm just one of the pieces, 
I can't put this together but you can.

Sometimes you know the truth and you know God is good and you have to sing his praises while the tears are pouring out.  I have faith that God will make much of himself through my situation because he is the only one who can make beautiful things out of mess. And I am truly a mess. God is good and his love for me is unfathomable. Even though I asked to be sent and I truly meant it, it doesn't mean that it isn't painful. I know God sent me to Michigan and I am glad to be a part of his plan. So until the plan is completely revealed I will praise him. Even as my heart is breaking I will scream his praises!

No comments: