Follow Me

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises


Unless you have been living under a rock you have heard of this movie. The last installment in Christopher Noland's legendary Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, is every bit of epic as predicted. I went into the movie expecting to be blown away because I saw it a few weeks after it opened and every single person I talked to who had seen it said it was mind-blowing. It was more than that. It is the best movie I have ever seen. Without a doubt. Although it is not my favorite movie (the love is minimum.) Everything about this movie was top of it's class: the action, the CG, the story. It was all perfect.
(Minus Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. I know I stand alone here. She did a fantastic job, but I didn't walk away thinking that was THE perfect cast for Catwoman.)

I'm not going to go into details because 1. it isn't necessary 2. I don't want to ruin anything. Seriously, there is nothing more to be said about this movie other than: GO. SEE. IT. Even if you aren't a movie buff and would rather read a book. GO. SEE. IT. I would definitely recommend watching Batman Begins & The Dark Knight before seeing this movie, but it would stand alone without too much confusion simply because it's a super hero movie. You just kinda get it naturally. (Also, my friend Ben looks JUST like Bane!)

Here's one of the many trailers to pump you up.

Side Note:
I had a hard time watching this movie without thinking of the people killed and injured in Aurora, CO during the premiere of this movie. I was sitting on the edge of a lower aisle, not where I'd normally sit, but the theater was crowded and every time someone came into or left I was looking intently at what they were holding. I know we are not called to live in fear, but it was hard not to be reminded that those innocent people were watching the very same movie I was and anxiously anticipating the very same scenes when they were so senselessly attacked. My heart was definitely heavy and I continue to pray for the families of those killed, the healing of those injured, justice for the man responsible, and the coming of our Lord. It's the evil in this world that constantly reminds me we are not home yet and how I long to be.

No comments: