Follow Me

Friday, September 14, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday


I'm linking up with Lauren again! Check out her blog and all the link ups @ thelittlethingswedo

1.  Right now the weather where I live is     nice. We're having a cold front here in Texas and it's making it bearable to be outside. Who knows how long this will last though. However, tomorrow I am moving to MICHIGAN and am very excited about the current weather there. High in the 70's, low in the 60's. Sounds like perfect fall weather to me.

2.  The best piece of advice I've been given is   Let Jesus be your God. This wasn't necessarily advice I was given, but more of how I was raised. I learned very quickly that I make a terrible God and so do boys. When God is in control life is better for everyone involved. (And I don't mean on a happy/emotional level. I mean on an inner peace/joy level.) When I try to be in control something inevitably goes terribly wrong.

3.  My most favorite person in all the world is    my husband. There is no one on this earth I love more, enjoy spending time with more, cherish more, respect more (although my mom is a very close second), or trust more. God is number one in my life and Crockett is number two. Nothing (not even kids) will take him from that spot.

4. If I were to have a "mission statement" for my life, it would be    "Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them. Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your life, in your love, your faith, and your purity." - I Timothy 4:11-12 I strive to make much of Him and less of me in all that I do.

5. My most favorite item in my closet is   my blue and white striped flats. I got them from JCP this summer and they are my most favorite shoes EVER.

6. The best cure for a bad day is   worship. No matter what is wrong or devastating or frustrating in my life, I have yet to find anything that worship does not fix. When I worship my Savior I am reminded that no matter what is going on here on Earth my heart is fixed on things unseen. When I praise my God for saving a wretch like me it doesn't matter what is wrong around or in me, all that matters is that I am His and He is mine. I am brought to my knees by His grace and mercy and thankfulness, adoration, and love pours out of soul. Nothing sets my perspective right like focusing on what truly matters.


7.  Today is   a day for rejoicing! My darling husband is coming home from New Jersey and tomorrow morning we will begin our 3 day drive to Michigan. We are finally going to be living together after nearly 3 months of separation due to the military. My heart is on fire today.

No comments: