Follow Me

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vows

This post is mushy. You have been warned.

These are all the things in my heart right now for my husband.

"I promise to love and cherish you, to honor and sustain you, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, in the bad that may darken our days, in the good that may light our way. My beloved, I promise to be true to you in all things until I die."- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

"I give you my life, and in confidence submit myself to your headship as to the Lord. As is the church in her relationship to Christ, so I will be to you. I will live first unto our God and then unto you, loving you, obeying you, caring for you and ever seeking to please you. God has prepared me for you and so I will ever strengthen, help, comfort, and encourage you. Therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as an obedient and faithful wife." - online blog

"I promise to kiss you every day that I am able and say "I love you" as frequently. I promise to never hold back checking you out or telling you how attractive you are. I promise to show you my affection always. I promise to express my gratitude for your leadership, even when times are difficult or uncertain. I promise to follow you wherever you lead, to honor you always. I promise to remain faithful to you and only you for all the days of my life. I promise to never undermine your authority in front of our children. I promise to be a team with you when parenting. I promise to make out with you in front of our kids, as often as possible. I promise to date you. Often. I promise to pray for you and with you. I promise to forgive you when you make mistakes. I promise to offer my help, encouragement, strength, and love whenever you may need it. I promise to be obedient to your headship over me and our family. I promise to speak only kind words about you to others. I promise to honor you in all things that I do. I promise to be your best friend, and to keep you as mine. I choose to love you and I promise to never walk away from the choice I have made."- Me



No comments: