Follow Me

Monday, July 2, 2012

6 more Fridays!

There are only 6 more Fridays until I see Crockett!
This is good news! But the downside is only 6 days have passed and it already feels like forever. I seriously feel like I left Crockett in Dallas weeks ago. This is the longest we've ever gone without contact. Actually, that day came about 6 days ago. We have always at least had cellphones so we'd never gone but a few hours without some form of communication. Quitting my love cold turkey has been difficult. :/ But not as bad as I thought it would be. As my aunt said today, "Yay for maturity!!" The last time I dealt with this sort of pain/loss I was 18 and let's just say there was a bit more drama and tears. This time around I've been keeping myself occupied as much as possible.

I made banana bread for the first time (with the help of my sis-in-law). But I was so anxious to eat it up I forgot to take a picture.

I also FINALLY gave Mo a bath. He was absolutely reeking the entire house. It was borderline animal abuse. The poor little guy is just so darn stinky. I also gave him a ghetto home-made haircut. I like to compare it to the old "my mom gave me a literal bowl cut" scenario I keep hearing about. It's a good thing my poor baby doesn't get out much. He'd get so made fun of.
Mo

Also, Tank is adjusting to sleeping on the bed since dad has been gone QUITE nicely. He's quite the bed hog actually. Last night we went to bed with me on the right side and him on the left and we woke up completely flipped. Not sure how that happened.

I've sent Crockett three letters and cannot wait till I finally get one back from him. :)

1 comment:

Brenda Joy said...

I write Landon every day! He said getting mail is like Christmas! Keep those letter coming. They are their lifeline to reality and home.